TL-WR720N is single-band Wireless-N router from TP-Link which is an affordable and reliable option for making basic home network . This router works on 2.4Ghz and provides up to 150Mbps Wireless-N speed. TL-WR720N is newest model of TL-WR740N and better than it because of it has internal antenna, support up to 4 SSIDs and also modern design.
I was bought this router about two weeks ago. I have been testing this router for almost 2 weeks and now I have done review for the same router.
Well, in my opinion this router impressed me enough with their tiny slick design, range and user interface. I am satisfied with router’s performance. IP QoS and WDS ( Wireless Distribution System ) are the main key features of this router which provides extra functionality and flexibility to the users.
First we start with some key features,
- Up to 4 SSIDs support
- WDS ( Wireless Distribution System ) Wireless bridge for expand the wifi network
- IP QoS with IP-based bandwidth control
- Live Parental controls
- Guest networks support
- Internal antenna
- 3 Years Domestic Warranty
- DD-WRT or other open source firmware does not supports this router at this time.
- Only 2 Dedicated LAN Ports
TL-WR720N router comes with new tiny slick design, outer surface of this router is very glossy finish. On the upper surface TP-Link logo and some LED indicator for Power, System, Wi-Fi, WAN, LAN (1,2) and WPS presents.
On the back side WPS/Reset button, Power port, 1 WAN and 2 LAN ports are present.
- Initial Installation of this router is very easy in just few steps with Easy Setup Assistant which provides in CD.
- User interface of this router is very good compare to my other router’s stock user interface. you can easily access dashboard via http://tplinklogin.net with default username: admin and password:admin.
- 150Mbps wireless-N speed ideal for HD video streaming, File sharing, VoIP calls, LAN and Online Gaming. also this router support UPnP protocol for data sharing and streaming.
- It provides strong firewall protection, and also wireless network is secure by WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA/WPA2-PSK encryption methods.
- It supports up to 4 SSIDs so you can set up three additional networks for friends and guest with some security and restrictions. IP-based Qos is main key feature of this router so you can easily control bandwidth of each PCs.
- Wireless Distribution system ( WDS ) wireless bridge is very useful function for expanding your primary router’s network. Personally I used this router as repeater for expand my wireless network.
- The Price of this router is approximately Rs 850 – 1000 ( $20 ) on various online shopping sites like flipkart, snapdeal and ebay.
- At this time, DD-WRT or other open source firmware does not supports this router.
- Mostly all the wireless routers which i used have at least 4 LAN ports but it has only 2 LAN ports so you can only connect up to 2 PCs via LAN ports.
TP-Link TL-WR720N Wireless Router Range
Wi-Fi range of this router is amazing, It covers my entire house without any unstable or drop coverage. Also Wireless range is better than my primary router ASUS RTN13U-B1 which has dual 3 dbi antenna so, for this reason i used this router as wireless repeater for expand my wireless network.
Click Here for wireless range comparison of ASUS RTN13U-B1 vs NETGEAR JNR1010 vs TP-Link TL-WR720N.
Retail package is about what you’d expect
Inside the Retail box you will find Router (TL-WR720N) itself, Standard A/C adapter, a RJ-45 LAN cable, Setup CD ( Easy Setup Assistant ) and some Warranty and Instruction guides. It comes with 3 Years Domestic Warranty.
This Router is highly recommend if you requires basic internet sharing between couples of devices.
I hope this review helps you for purchasing new router….
Also check out Router Category for routers review.