While rooting or flashing new custom ROM on your LG SmartPhone, sometimes you might brick your device by mistake or some wrong methods. It’s either Soft or Hard Bricked. If your LG SmartPhone is Hard Bricked, then you will not able to fix it yourself, just take it to nearest LG service center.
If your phone is soft bricked during rooting or, flashing a custom recovery or ROM then you can easily fix/unbrick your LG SmartPhone using software called LG Mobile Support Tool, this official small tool can be repair or, update your phone to latest available firmware update.
Here, First we talk about some precautions to prevent bricking your LG SmartPhone. If your phone have already bricked then follow the steps listed below to unbrick your phone.
How to prevent bricking your LG SmartPhone
- Don’t root or flash your phone from unknown sources and methods. Personally I recommend xda forum.
- First read all the steps and methods carefully then perform any procedure.
- If you have already installed custom recovery ( clockworkmod ) on your phone then don’t update your stock firmware ( OTA Update from Update Manager ).
- Fast Internet Connection – For Downloading Firmware.
- Windows PC
- LG Mobile Support Tool
- Latest LG Universal Driver
Unbrick your LG SmartPhone – Online Method
Note: If you have stock firmware installed on bricked Phone then all apps and data will be recovered by this method.
Step 1 Download LG Mobile Support Tool from LG’s Official Website,
Step 2 Install Latest USB Driver. ( Don’t connect your phone while installing drivers. )
Step 3 Change Country and Language from Help Tab.
Step 4 Put your phone into Recovery mode and then Connect your phone to your computer. ( On LG P760 Optimus L9 – Press Volume Up Button and at the same time connect your USB cable, now you can enter into recovery mode ).
> Click on Upgrade Recovery from Options Tab.
Step 5 It will take around one hour to recover your phone,
That’s it, Now you complete your recovery process.
Unbrick your LG SmartPhone – Offline Method
Most of the LG SmartPhones are unbrick or update Offline by KDZ Firmware Update Tool. Head over to the xda-developers forum for more details and tutorials.
Download LG Firmware and unbrick your phone by KDZ Firmware Update Tool.
Update your LG SmartPhone
- Install USB Driver and Connect your Phone.
- Click on Start Upgrade Button.
Now you have Unbrick LG SmartPhone with latest firmware…