Recently I install Ubuntu 12.10 on my PC along with my Windows 8 on same hard drive, but When I start my Windows 8 it shows boot error and it required Windows 8 Repair or Installation disk for repair or refreshing my windows 8. so, I create USB installation disk for windows 8 on Ubuntu because my optical dvd drive not work properly. here I’ll outline a way to make a bootable USB Installation Disk from Ubuntu.
For the making bootable drive you will need
- 2GB Pendrive or higher
- Windows 8 DVD
- Gparted Partition Editor
- Unetbootin for Linux
Create Bootable USB Installation Disk for Windows 7/8 on Ubuntu
First install Softwares
Install Gparted Partition Editor, 7-zip, ntfs-3g from Ubuntu Software Center
Start Terminal and paste this command
sudo apt-get install gparted sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g sudo apt-get install p7zip-full
Format USB Dive with Gparted Partition Editor
- Select Device
- Unmount Pendrive – Right Click > Unmount
- Format Pendrive to NTFS – Right Click > Format to > ntfs
- Make Bootable Disk – Right Click > Manage Flags > Check “boot” box.
- unplug Pendrive and replug it.
Install Unetbootin for Linux
Download from sourceforge.net
after download this file, right-click on it, select properties>permission tab and check the “Allow executing file as program” box. Now, it Open normally by double-click on it.
- Browse Disk Image.
- Check Show All Drive (Use with Care) box.
- Select Drive ( Select Pendrive e.g. dev/sdb ) Make Sure You Select Correct Drive.
- Click on OK.
- Wait 2-3 Minutes.
- now you can boot windows 8 from pendrive.
Post by Jhalak Javiya