I was bought this router about a month ago and I have to say I am satisfied with this router. The router works extremely well. Here I’m talking about some primary configuration of router with Airtel, BSNL, MTNL and Reliance Broadband.
The Netgear JNR1010 is just a Wireless-N router and it does not have any ADSL or ADSL2+ Modem so you need a ADSL Modem from your Internet Service providers. Personally I used Reliance Broadband with this Router.
Configuration of Netgear JNR1010 does not necessary when your internet connection is Direct LAN. but If your ISP provide modem connection then it may create some problems because of same IP Address on both the Modem and Router.
Here I’m going to show you today, how to configure Netgear JNR1010 for Airtel, BSNL, MTNL or Reliance Broadband in simple steps!, It is a quite simple method that by change IP Address of your Router.
How to Configure Netgear JNR1010
1. Connect Router Directly to your PC or Laptop via LAN Cable.
2. Open Your Browser and type 192.168.1.1 or http://roterlogin.net and hit Enter.
3. Type User Name and Password of your router which provides on the back of your router.
4. Navigate to Advance Tab
5. Now Navigate to “Setup” and Click on LAN Setup
6. Change IP Address to 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.2 and click on apply button.
If you set IP Address 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 then Skip Step 7.
7. If you set IP Address to 192.168.1.2 then also change “DHCP Server Starting IP Address” to 192.168.1.3,
Note: If you have any problems then Disable DHCP Server of your modem OR set your IP Address to 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.2.1.
8. [ Optional ] Reboot your Router.
9. Now Connect your router to the Modem.
If you having some Connectivity or DNS Lookup issues then also change DNS Settings.
1. Navigate to Advance > Setup > Internet Setup Tab
- Change your Domain Name Server (DNS) Address to the Google DNS
- Change Primary DNS to 188.8.131.52 and Secondary DNS to 184.108.40.206
2. Click on apply button.
I hope this tips helps you for configure new router….
Here are few more articles that you should not miss:
- Set Bandwidth Limit to Each Users on the DD-WRT Router
- Netgear JNR1010 N150 Wireless Router Review – WiFi Range
Share this Article:
This article was written by Jhalak Javiya
If you liked this article, please sharing it.